Sunday, June 24, 2012

This is not a fashion show.

To add to my bug spray collection, today Dad and I picked up two pairs of zip-off pants, a wide brimmed hat, and some bandanas. We initially went to the store to buy a couple pairs of zip-off pants that were on sale. I tried them on over my shorts and they looked like giant, ballooning ski-pants. My dad told me "Erin, this is not a fashion show, don't worry about it." They were scary though, but I figured oh well, I'll get 'em. They only had one pair in my size so I tried on some other that weren't on sale...well even my Dad agreed to putting the cheaper ones down. So now I have two pairs of decent fitting zip-off pants, two bandanas that my mom said were kind of ugly and a goofy wide-brimmed hat similar to the style most of my rowing coaches have worn at some point or another. No sarcasm here, I am really excited. Getting jungle-type clothes makes this whole trip seem a bit more real. I am a bit sad though, because chances are my pants will not make it out of Borneo alive. We'll see!

Tonight, in the spirit of Lion King, which is playing on TV--
Hakuna Matata! 
It means no worries!

No comments: