Sunday, December 30, 2012

7/30 9:15AM

Just boarded for Jakarta. My hair is looking wild. My feet smell. I'm greasy-faced. Hong Kong airport had free internet and computers so I got to send some emails! That was nice. No cell service for me though, so the goodbyes I planned to say once I landed here, never happened. It might be better this way based on the end of last flight. And goodbye emails work just fine.
The mountains outside Hong Kong's airport are fantastic. Big Chinese mountains like in a movie--foggy, dense, dark green plants.
On the screen in front of me, I have the plane's camera on. It will be a better show than when I left San Francisco because it's daytime here and I can see what's going on. At home, the chickens have just gone to bed.
Once I get to Jakarta, it's go time. I'm pretty sure I need to 'check-in' to the country and get my Visa, hopefully get my bag and then find the person with my name on a sign! Then off to the hotel! I just took a dramamine, because I started getting a little sick last flight. Maybe I'll get some sleep on this flight--not too much though--I need to stay awake till at least 10 tonight to help the jet lag.

Also--I'm glad I'm getting served vegetarian food on the flights, but I'm already sick of the flavor. Alex--I don't know how you like it so much! It's okay...but ehhh...at least it's veggie. My biggest gripe is that last night everyone got ice cream except for me. I'm better off anyways I guess. At least that's my only complaint about the flights so far! =)

No comments: