Tuesday, January 8, 2013

7/31 8:04PM

First night alone in bed=one sad puppy named Erin. Just pulling the covers up made me wish Alex were here. Despite the difficulty that has plagued us for a while now, at least I feel safe next to him. I'm here and have to be strong, with a blanket and a stuffed duck at my side.
I met the group tonight! Anne from Iowa who's around my age and is also my hotel roommate. Lucy who is also my age from England. Ilse from Mexico, also around my age. Cecile and Laure are a mother/daughter pair from France--Laure's a bit younger than I am. Leah from Washington state, Dawn is originally from England but now lives in Australia. Cecile, Leah and Dawn are anywhere from 35-50 probably. David is the lone male, older, probably late 50's, and from Australia as well.
In general, everyone smiles here, and squats! The Indonesian's are very flexible in comparison with the US...maybe because they're actually in good shape unlike in the States. It's nice to see the smiles though!
My malaria meds are making me dizzy--goodnight!

No comments: